This honey garlic salad is not only tasty but very filling. I had this for dinner last night after an excessive carb haul. I particularly loved the freshness of the vegetable juxtaposition the tenderness of the salmon. The combination was, as they say, a match made in food heaven.
I usually enjoy preparing salmon and have been a strong proponent of cooking the entire fish. When I lived in New York, and we’d have a large group over, I’d bake an entire salmon. Even though it presented well, and there was a lot to go around, the seasoning wasn’t fully captured since it was so meaty. Salmon filets and streak are great for marrying flavors. You get that right balance of seasoning and meat.
Last night, when my daughter mentioned that she wanted salmon, I jumped at the opportunity since this picky eater trends more toward chicken and crustaceans. Even though she wished for hers to be prepared with my Mediterranean recipe with baked bread, I wanted to do something different for my husband and me. We felt like honey garlic salmon salad would work just fine.
Although I had used a light dressing for the tomatoes, (black pepper and olive oil), I also used a balsamic vinaigrette dressing for this salad, it worked great with all the ingredients.
So here’s my recipe for this honey garlic salmon salad.
Honey garlic salmon salad recipe
- 3 salmon filet slices (approximately 2 inches)
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- half stick butter
- 2 tbsp honey
- ¾ tbsp lemon juice
- 4 cloves garlic chopped/minced
- Clean and season salmon with salt and pepper and if you'd like a little extra paprika
- Let it marinate for about 30 minutes
- Add butter to skillet
- Add garlic and saute
- Add other ingredients
- Place salmon skin down in skillet
- Use spoon to base salmon pieces with sauce while in the pan
- Don't leave salmon too long in pan. Leave for approximately 7 minutes basing
- Then transfer skillet to oven
- Bake for an 10 minutes
- Remove from oven and let it seat
- Add to your salad ingredients: Cabbage, chickpeas, cucumber, and red onions, yellow peppers, baby arugula
- Add your favorite dressing. I used balsamic vinaigrette