Since the start of the pandemic, I’ve enjoyed experimenting with new foods and exciting gadgets. My favorite gadget is a spiralizer. Spiralizers are available at Amazon and other major retail outlets.
I love my spiralizer, which has become my go-to gadget for fun vegetable dishes. It updates bland vegetables, like cucumber, carrots, squash and zucchini and elevates the vegetable eating experience for the entire family. Zoodles (zucchini noodles) are my favorite to make.
I’ve made a few exciting dishes with zoodles. One that I make regularly is zoodles with grilled, sauteed, roasted or baked fish. It’s very simple to execute. I lightly saute the zucchini noodles with just a little oil, salt and pepper, and top it with my favorite fish.
I mostly use salmon for this dish but have recently introduced other fish like snapper and Chilean sea bass. I truly enjoy preparing my fish Mediterranean style. I use ingredients like kalamata olives, olive oil, garlic, cherry or grape tomatoes, capers, salt, pepper, parsley and lemon. It’s easy yet packed with lots of flavors. Since I often bake my Mediterranean fish, I’ve done it only a few times on the stovetop, yet it still tastes delicious.
Here’s how I created this meal:
- Frying pan
Mediterranean red snapper filet
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup Kalamata olives Pitted
- 1 Whole red snapper filleted
- ¼ cup capers
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 3 sprigs parsley you can chop or leave as a sprig
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 cherry tomatoes you can also use grape
- salt to taste
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt optional
- In a hot frying pan add oil. They add garlic on medium to hot heat. Stir until garlic is brown on all sides.
- In a frying pan add all ingredients (except fish)
- Saute ingredients until they begin to breakdown (For about 10 minutes)
- Add fish to pan. Then turn over after 7 minutes. Let it simmer a bit and turn off stove
- Using a spiralizer churn zucchini into noodle shape
- Add olive oil in a frying pan, add black pepper and toss in noodles for about 30 seconds